NCC (excluding Housing) has defined the following strategic objectives for the Group for the 2016-2020 strategy period:
- An operating margin of at least 4 percent during the strategy period
- Average annual sales growth of 5 percent during the strategy period
- Annual return on equity after tax of at least 20 percent
- Net indebtedness of less than 2.5 times
- EBITDAEquity/assets ratio of at least 20 percent
- Reduction of the accident frequency rate by half by 2020 (compared with the 2015 outcome)
- Reduction of NCC's CO2 emissions by half by 2020 (compared with the 2015 outcome)
The following financial objectives apply for the three businesses and business areas:
- NCC Industry: Operating margin of at least 4 percent, and average annual return on capital employed of at least 10 percent, during the strategy period
- NCC Building and NCC Infrastructure: Operating margin of at least 3.5 percent per year
- NCC Property Development: Operating margin of at least 10 percent, and average annual return on capital employed of at least 10 percent, during the strategy period
The starting point for the new strategy is NCC's vision to renew our industry and provide superior sustainable solutions. NCC has identified five megatrends that will change the construction and property industry: urbanization, globalization, sustainability, competition for the best talent and new technologies. These trends present opportunities for both profitability and growth.
NCC intends to realise this potential by continuing to develop our existing strengths, where broad geographic presence, strong expertise in the expected growth segments of building and infrastructure and a strong position close to the customer in the value chain, work to NCC's advantage.